Barré is a voluntary group that has worked with underprivileged children in Southeast Asia since 2010, having provided support to refugee children at the borders of Thailand from Myanmar from 2010 to 2012, and most recently started a new partnership with Kontum Missionaries and Friendship (KMF), working to support the underprivileged children of ethnic minority groups in South Central Vietnam.
Through our events, we hope to start a new wave of awareness among global citizens, to become more empathetic and responsive towards communities that are less fortunate than our own. Given opportunities ourselves, we hope to encourage and inspire others to give opportunities to those who do not have them and to believe in the strength and hope that education can offer to the children who are placed in unfortunate circumstances.
- Setting up of a children's library
- Weekly English lessons with students
- Organises 4-5 mission trips to Vietnam every year to teach English
- Fundraising in Singapore to fund activities in Vietnam
- Awareness drive campaign in Singapore to spread compassion and awareness of the marginalised and disadvantaged