- Mission Details
- What is the mission trip about?
- Who can go for this trip?
- Will spiritual guidance be provided during the trip?
- What preparations are needed before the trip?
- What is the cost?
- How do I sign up?
- Who can I contact for more information?
|Mission Trip:||iCARE - Outreach Programme, Riau Province, Indonesia|
|Date:||6 - 7 June 2015 (2 days)|
|Location:||Tanjung Balai, Karimun Island, Riau Province, Indonesia|
|Target Number of Participants:||50 pax|
|Closing Date:||25 May 2015 or when maximum number of 50 pax is met|
What is the mission trip about?
Volunteers will spend 2 days interacting with local residents and their children from disadvantaged families in rural villages through activities such as:
- Sunday school
- Sunday mass
- Provide free medical services (GP and dentist) and blood test (blood sugar, cholesterol and gout)
- Education with a health seminar
- Clean the church and environment
- Hair cut for residents
- Flea market for distributing donated goods
On Saturday evening, the participants will have the opportunity to visit the shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
Who can go for this trip?
Volunteers (minimum age of 7 years old, independent and with parent supervision) who have a desire to serve others who are less fortunate. They can help out in the following areas (kindly state your preference), such as:
- Doctor's assistant
- Dentist's assistant
- Pharmacist's assistant
- Praise & Worship
- Sunday school teacher and assistance
- Emcee, musician, game coordinator
- Liturgy preparation
- Documentation and communication (photography and videography)
- Flea market seller and controller
- Administration (patient registration, coupons distribution, transport, hotel, meal booking etc.)
- General support (usher, equipment etc.)
- Clean the environment
Will spiritual guidance be provided during the trip?
Yes. There will be spiritually-guided sessions conducted before and during the mission trip.
What preparations are needed before the trip?
A pre-trip briefing will be conducted detailing the preparations for the trip.
Date: 25 May, Monday
Time: 7.30 pm with mission trip mass
Venue: Church of the Risen Christ, St Michael Room 3rd floor, 91 Toa Payoh Central S(319193)
What is the cost?
Each volunteer pays the cost of the ferry ride, accommodation and meals at S$120. Excludes personal expenses.
How do I sign up?
To register, kindly call Tuti at 9733-2903 to check for availability.
Thereafter, you can send the following information to email@example.com
Passport Expiry Date:
Country of Issue:
Address in Singapore:
Who can I contact for more information?
For more information, please contact Angelika, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 9111-2030