Vision: Proclaim Christ to All
Mission: Be a Living Gospel
Motto: In Joyful Loving Service
Clare’s Missionary (CM) was born in response to Christ’s call to Poverty of Spirit (Mt 19.21), Social Justice (Mt 25.35) and Evangelisation (Mt 28.19). Clare’s Missionary started in 2010, is based on the concept of Christ in the Marketplace. Jesus must be made flesh in the hearts and lives of people. We need to be out among the needy, the lonely and those hungry for love in order to bring Jesus’ love to them. Those who do not know Christ will probably not step into a church but they may stop by a shop in their neighbourhood. This is where Clare’s Missionary comes in - bringing Christ into people’s daily lives.
This place embodies the twin spirit of service and evangelisation. They focus on helping needy and dysfunctional families through education assistance and tuition sponsorship in their humble centre, called Clare’s Enrichment Corner, Blk 731, Yishun Street 72. There is a free English Reading class targeting children who need help in reading on Sundays. Other classes for children on Sundays include Bible stories as well as how to care for Creation. Clare’s Missionary Thrift Corner is set up to promote “reduce, reuse and recycle”, the proceeds of which go to funding their activities. A learner’s class for Ukulele is available too.
For overseas outreach, Clare’s Missionary collaborates with the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception, FSIC in Sabah. It supports the evangelisation efforts of the Franciscan sisters by organising mission trips to support the indigenous communities. In addition, they also collaborate with the Archdiocesan Human Development Commission, Kota Kinabalu, the clergy in Kota Kinabalu. There, they also conduct regular English Language lessons/programmes with help from volunteers in Sabah and Labuan.
- a) Services In Singapore
- Provide tuition sponsorship
- Provide education assistance
- Run a Thrift Corner
- Christmas and Easter Party for children
- Free Sunday classes
- English Reading
- Bible Story
- Care for Creation
- b) Services In Sabah
- Conduct regular English lessons by Sabah/Labuan team
- Provide Study Centre/Multi Purpose Hall building assistance
- Provide Students sponsorship assistance
Touching Lives Project:
- Provide Solar lamps and clean water filters
- Provide food relief to flood victims
- Provide basic food necessities
Life Skills Project:
- Conduct Soap for Hope and Linens for Life;
- Conduct Basic Cooking Course
Chapel/Mission House Project:
- Provide Chapel building assistance
- Provide Mission House budding assistance
- Provide Prayer Hut building assistance
- “English in Camp” to primary and secondary school students.
- Visits to kindergartens
- Exploratory trips to villages