Focolare Society (Focolare Movement)
The Focolare Movement officially known as the “Work of Mary”,
has the features of a large and varied family, of a “new people born of the Gospel”.
The word "Focolare" is Italian for "hearth" or "family fireside".
It is a movement of spiritual and social renewal, founded in Trent, Italy, in 1943,
during the Second World War.
It aims at spreading the message of unity worldwide.
Inspired by Jesus’ prayer to the Father, “May they all be one” (Jn 17:21). It’s goal is to promote universal brotherhood and to achieve a more united world in which people respect and value diversity.
It believes that all social activities are a way for evangelisation with its members as witnesses and with the Word of God. In this age of dramatic change, it shares with humanity the painful birth of a new civilisation that is globalised, interdependent, multicultural and multi-faith.
Started Goat for Goat G4G Project in May 2018 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia for Poverty Alleviation & Livelihood, through application of Economy of Communion Principles
- Since 2013, we are currently helping 472 children in 13 Villages in our ‘Chain of Love’ Tuition Centres Project with communities devastated by the Earthquake in Bantul in 2006 and the Volcanic Eruption in Mt. Merapi in 2010
- Help to market these batik and handicraft products overseas
- Form a cooperative of local people that produces batik and other indigenous cultural heritage products in Bantul, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Set up a social centre to support the education of children and give them monthly coupons to exchange for food in Batam, Indonesia
- Provide tuition in English for children in Batam & Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Set up minimarket to sell basic necessities to the poor at lower prices in Batam, Indonesia
- Purify water and sell to the poor at lower prices in Batam, Indonesia
- Set up a Social Centre to support 230 children in education and to give them monthly help in Medan, Indonesia
- Organise Reconstruction Programmes such as building toilets and open auditoriums in Bantul, Indonesia, after the 2006 earthquake
- Building Boats after the 2005 Tsunami in Aceh
Focolare have successfully completed several disaster recovery projects in Indonesia:
- Bantul (reconstruction after earthquake and batik)
- Aceh (building boats after the tsunami)
3.- Batam (social center)