Rights of Access
- This Site is an official CHARIS website and is owned and operated by CHARIS.
- CHARIS reserves all rights to permit, deny or restrict access to this Site by any particular individual or corporate, or to block the access from any particular internet address to this Site, at any time without giving any notice.
Use of Contents
- The materials located in this Site (the “Contents”), including statistical data, reports, charts, graphs, information and documentation are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights. All rights, title and interest in the Contents are owned by, licensed to or controlled by CHARIS.
- Except as otherwise stated, the Contents of this Site shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise distributed in any way, without the prior permission of CHARIS. To use any part of the Contents, the user must seek prior permission in writing from CHARIS. CHARIS reserves the right to refuse permission without furnishing any reason.
- Modification of any of the Contents or use of the Contents for any other purpose will be a violation of CHARIS’ copyright and other intellectual property rights.
- Any request to reproduce the Contents from this Site for publication or commercial use should be addressed to Caritas Humanitarian Aid & Relief Initiatives, Singapore, by post to 55 Waterloo Street, #07-02 Catholic Centre, Singapore 187954 or by electronic means to email@example.com. The request is deemed received only upon CHARIS acknowledging the receipt of the request.
Third Party Content and Links to Other Sites
- CHARIS may provide links to other websites from this Site. Such provision shall not be construed in any way as CHARIS’ endorsement, approval, representation or agreement with the accuracy or authenticity of the contents on those websites.
- CHARIS shall not in any way be responsible for examining, assessing or evaluating, and it does not warrant or represent the offerings of any third party content.
- This Site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise. Use of this Site is solely on voluntary basis and at the risk of the user.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, CHARIS does not warrant and shall further disclaim any and all other warranties, whether express or implied, including but not limited to:
- the accuracy, correctness, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of this Site or part thereof, including hyperlinks to or services from other parties; and/or
- that this Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be correct or that it is and will be free of all viruses and/or harmful elements.
- CHARIS shall not be liable in any event to any user for failure of any service or any damage or loss of any kind in connection with the use of this Site, including but not limited to any damage or loss suffered in connection with fraud, access to, use of, denial of access or restricted access to, modification, suspension and/or discontinuation of this Site.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, CHARIS shall not be liable for any defect, default, deficiency or malfunction in any device, computer, internet service provider or telecommunication system or network, viruses or other malicious software or denial of service attacks that may affect the use of this Site.
- User agrees that the use of this Site is conditional upon the waiver of any right of the user to sue CHARIS for any damages and/or losses, consequential or otherwise, related to the use of this Site.
- The manner, mode and means in which donation transactions are made on this Site shall be as specified and required by CHARIS.
- Any donation made to a specific organisation and/or specific cause will be for that particular organisation and/or cause only, unless otherwise specified.
- Unless in exceptional circumstances, all donations made to this Site are non-refundable. The user shall have the responsibility to stop any erroneous donations before the payment is made to CHARIS. Where any request for refund is necessary in exceptional circumstances, such request, accompanied by the reasons, shall be received by CHARIS within 3 working days of the donation, and CHARIS may agree to the refund subject to its right to apply a fee for the refund.
- The user is aware and agrees that the amount of donations received by CHARIS on this Site shall be the net amount after deduction of any bank or payment gateway charges.
- CHARIS will issue acknowledgment of receipt electronically as soon as may be practicable upon receipt of the donations.
- CHARIS shall be under the obligation to disclose the information of the donation received on this Site whenever required by law and regulations.
- The user may set up regular or recurrent donations to CHARIS through this Site. The same rules and conditions governing this Site shall apply to each payment under the regular donations.
- When regular donations function is set up on this Site by any user, a regular and recurrent series of donations would be made by that user starting on the day of the first donation until further notice of cessation of donation by the user.
- By setting up the regular donations, the user has authorised the payment service provider of CHARIS to request funds from the user’s credit or debit card on the day of each month that the user has stipulated on this Site.
- Any cancellation of the regular donations can be done by logging into this Site to make the necessary changes or by emailing CHARIS at firstname.lastname@example.org in the event of any difficulty in completing the cancellation.
- The user shall ensure sufficient funds for the payment of regular donations, and shall be liable for all fees and charges by third party relating to the set up and operations of the regular donations.
For Activities & Volunteering
- User of this Site who signs up for volunteering and/or any other activities in CHARIS shall do so subject to the terms and conditions of this Site as well as the relevant terms and conditions applicable to CHARIS volunteers and to any specific activity as may be set out in handbooks or event notices.
- By signing up as volunteers or participants of CHARIS activities, the user agrees to
(a) the sharing of its information with the member organisations of CHARIS for the purposes of matching volunteering opportunities and events;
(b) receive news and updates from CHARIS on its volunteering opportunities and upcoming events;
(c) grant CHARIS all right, title and interest in any and all photographic images, video and/or audio recording made by CHARIS at the request or direction of CHARIS at such activity, including but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings, for the purposes of publicising CHARIS and its activities.
Dated: 17 September 2021